iRideshare Rewards is part of Ridehare’s Back ‘N’ Forth Club program, designed to provide incentives for employees who use sustainable transportation when commuting to and from work. Employees record trips made by foot, bike, carpool, vanpool, bus or telecommute into their personal calendars at iRideshare.org and then redeem points for Visa gift cards. Rideshare administers the program for the employer.
Who should provide iRideshare Rewards?
iRideshare Rewards is ideal for businesses and organizations that don’t just talk the talk, but walk the walk (pun intended). There are a lot of ways to be “green” and transportation is an important piece of that puzzle, especially in San Luis Obispo County. In April 2010, the Green House Gas Emissions Inventory of San Luis Obispo County indicated that 63.4% of emissions come from transportation!
If you’d like to position yourself as a sustainable organization, the Back ‘N’ Forth Club and iRideshare Rewards will help you achieve measurable reductions in Green House Gas Emissions by encouraging positive changes in employee commute habits. Unlike sustainable strategies that involve building modifications or green technology, iRideshare Rewards uses your most important asset, your employees. As a result, you’ll not only reduce Green House Gas Emissions, but you’ll add “green” to your employees’ wallets through commute costs savings, encourage healthier lifestyles and experience an increase in employee morale. iRideshare Rewards is for the employer who can think outside the box (or building).
What do employers get with the iRideshare Rewards Program?
• Measurable reductions in GreenHouse Gas Emissions, Vehicle Miles Traveled and employee commute costs
• Access to iRideshare Rewards cards
• Custom sub-site web portal to promote your transportation program
• Convenient access to emissions reduction data from employees participating in program
• Employee access to online internal carpool matching, bus trip planning and personal commute costs and emissions reduction information
• Presentations and one-on-one consultation by Rideshare staff
• Access to personalized trip planning assistance over the phone and commuter tools at www.rideshare.org
What do employees get?
• Rewarded! When they log a trip made by alternative transportation into their online Log My Commute
calendar, they’ll receive points that are redeemable for incentives.
• Access to their own personal Green House Gas, commute costs, caloric, miles and trip reductions made by not driving alone.
• Heightened morale knowing that their employer supports and rewards sustainability.
How to get started
Starting iRideshare Rewards at your organization is easy!
Contact Peter Williamson, Employer Commute Coordinator, at (805) 547-1022 or email@example.com